Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 6 of my 30 Day Challenge

Today's prompt: Tell us about your pets, the ones you've had and lost.

I'm actually starting this post off with the pet I've lost. I figure it's better to go from sad to happy instead of happy to sad.

As you all probably know, I'm not much of a dog person, but when I was 5 years old, my grandpa brought home this lovely lady home on a whim. He found her in front of Wal-Mart and just couldn't stand to leave her there. From that day on, this was my baby girl. Her name was Abby. She used to lay in my bed with me when I was younger and we always went on walks around town once I got older. She was such a sweetheart until the day she died. My Mom hoped she would live until I got through school and she even made it a year after that. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of when we were both young together, but I loved this dog so very much. She lived a long happy life and I will never love a dog like I loved her.




Since I've gotten older, I've definitely become more and more of a cat person. This is my cat Edgeworth. He wandered into Lance and I's apartment a year and a half ago. Lance's brother was visiting and standing outside with the door open. Edgeworth was a local stray we had seen around the apartment complex. On that December night, he walked in our house and I just remember Lance saying "So, I guess we have a cat now," and I responded "I guess we do." We weren't allowed to have cats in that apartment, but we kept him anyway. He was just such a sweetheart. We used to let him out of the house when we would leave for work and he would always come back at night. Until once when he went missing for three days. Lance and I were heartbroken. We had finally given up on him coming back and we dumped the litter box and put away the food bowl. We heard him meowing out on the porch just a few hours later and he's never been allowed outside since. Now he's our little inside baby and he's spoiled as crap. He's definitely my baby. He's extremely protective of me. He lets Lance hold him sometimes, but if he sees that I'm looking at him, he'll struggle to get away like he never wanted to be in his arms at all. I love my little Edgeworth.



In May of last year, we finally moved into a pet friendly apartment and decided to get Lancelot a little sweetheart of his own. We asked around a bit in July and we had quite a few offers. Dani's Mom had some kittens out on her lot and we decided to visit them first. They were pretty much wild kittens, so they were pretty skittish and not too used to a lot of human contact. There was only one girl t was lighter colored and somehow much sweeter than the rest. After Lancelot picked her up, I think he knew immediately that she was the kitten we would bring home even though we were heading up there planning to get a boy kitten. A few months later, we got a big surprise and found she's a boy after all! We still refer to him and She though (or schlee) and she's kept her name, Maya. She is definitely Lance's baby. She loves him so very much. She coos all the time, loves rubbing her nose against yours, and strangely enough, is terrified of being outside. Oh, and she doesn't have a tail. That's pretty cool, right?


Lance and I definitely got lucky with our kitties. Edgeworth loves me to pieces and Maya loves Lance to pieces. They more or less know who they're supposed to be spending the majority of their time with. Lance and I love them both very very much, though. I couldn't ask for better additions to our household and family.


Coming up tomorrow: Top 3 Favorite Movies and Foods.

If you're interested to see what questions the next 24 days hold, you can click here to see the list.


1 comment: