Sunday, October 27, 2013

My 21st Birthday



A friend of mine posted this on her facebook wall today.


"I remember when I thought people in their 20’s were adults. Now all of my friends are in their 20’s and everybody is just kind of fumbling around bumping into each other, trying to figure out where the free food is."


This really explains everything perfectly. I used to think people in their 20's were functioning adults with no kid left in them. ha! Boy was I mistaken. I guess a lot of it came from my family. By time my mom was 21, she had a year old child (that's me) on her hands. By time my aunt was 23, she was graduated from college and soon to be (if not already) in Korea teaching kids that didn't understand why her hair was red.


So I am officially 21. What am I doing? I'm just still....here. I'm sort of a functioning adult. I have to pay rent and electric. I live in my own apartment. I'm legally allowed to drink, now. i thought that day would never come. Ultimately, I really am just fumbling around waiting for someone to direct me to the free food.


My 21st birthday really was fantastic. I had two parties, as is tradition, and they were both amazing. Here's a few pictures from the first.

When midnight hit, I cheered to legal drinking and Lance picked me up to give high fives to everyone.










I received three wonderful gifts. April and Doug gave me this beautiful Totoro drawing and Mary made me a sweet ass alcohol birthday cake and even put exactly 21 drinks on it. Dani got me a sweet Bee bracelet, but I managed to lose my phone in the last couple of hours, so unfortunately I'm unable to show you a picture of it's awesomeness.






My "actual" 21st birthday at the bar was even better. Lance's mom finally met mine at pre-bar Steak n Shake dinner. I'd say that went pretty well.




Patrick was up for buying my first drink, so he asked me what I wanted. I chose beer, while my mother chose smirnoff. The bartender who I.D.'d me told me my drink was free and mom ended up getting a free smirnoff out of the deal. Everyone started showing up pretty quickly after that.




I had my awesome "Here for the Beer" shirt and had everyone sign. In fact, by the end of the night, I was walking up to random people and asking them to sign my shirt.




I had a great time getting my mother drunk with me on my 21st birthday. She was a riot and it turns out there's some interesting facts she's been withholding about herself for the last 21 years. We laughed so much and by the time she left I was crying because we never get to see each other and I just missed her so much.




Everyone was buying me drinks all night, thanks to having awesome fucking friends. Adam bought me a long island ice tea, which his has apparently been waiting for me to have for months. Cody bought me beers. I ate awesome wings. I saw old friends and ones I only see about twice a year.




All in all, what I'm getting at here is, my 21st birthday was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better one. I'm happy I had one lovely fella to spend it with me.




Thank you everyone that came to one of the two parties and thank you even more to those he came to both. I'm so happy you all could be here to celebrate my 21st with me.







No comments:

Post a Comment