Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Progression of Ponyo

A few months ago, I became extremely interested in Studio Ghibli films thanks to my wonderful boyfriend. Within a month I had watched every single one they had. Shortly after, I did this Totoro painting since it was Ghibli related and I got to do the sweet ass crayon melting thing I've wanted to do for ages.

Well, we all know once you get a little bit of Ghibli in you, you just have to soak up as much as you can get. Yesterday I decided to start tackling my second Ghibli canvas project of painting Ponyo.

Keep in mine here that I'm no real artist, I just enjoy painting because it makes me feel good and I always enjoy seeing the end product. Today, I'm going to post pictures of how my Ponyo painting went from start to finish.



This is by no means professional art, but it is mine and I will be more than happy to hang it on my wall next to my Totoro painting. My only hope is that there will be more to come. I really want to do Calcifer and Porco Rosso next. Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment