Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weight Loss: Day 107 and 30 lbs lighter

Today is Day 107 of my weight loss challenge.
Well, I'm not entirely sure I can call it a challenge anymore because it's something I haven't been full on working towards for almost 2 months now due to factors mostly outside of my control.

I started this whole thing on April 11, 2013 when I looked like this.

I started because I hated looking at myself in the mirror each morning and seeing this disgusting body that I couldn't seem to control. I hated the way all my shirts were tightening around my belly and the way my pants no longer seemed to pull over my thighs and when they did, the thighs would tear out in a matter of week because I was trying to fit more in the jeans than they could handle. I got all the way up to 165 lbs, my highest ever weight.

When the new year came around, I hadn't quite reached the ungodly number of 165, but I had already ballooned up to 158, 13 lbs higher than when I initially met Lance. I set a new years resolution to lose 20 lbs by the end of the year, leaving me at the lowest weight I have been since childhood of 138 and a once in my life healthy BMI. Once I got up to 165 in April, I had a whole new feat because I had 7 more lbs to lose and 4 fewer months to do it.

So where am I 107 days later? I am 30.2 lbs lighter. The shirts that were clinging so uncomfortably tight around my belly now appear as though I bought them as night shirts because they swallow me whole. The jeans that I could not fit around my fat ass thighs now fall to my feet if I put my cell phone in my pocket because they no longer have anything to cling themselves around.

Let me find a good picture for you here:
I know this is one that you have seen several times in the past as I've talked through my experience of weight loss mostly because this is one of the few pictures that I didn't delete because of how much my stomach stuck out purely because it was in my set of birthday pictures. Let me repeat that for you, this was in my set of birthday pictures. My birthday is October 28th, which means that by this point I hadn't reached even my end of the year weight of 158 lbs and I was disgusted with how I looked.

Here, my friends, are the photos that I took about 5 minutes ago of me in this shirt. Keep in mind I have a dress under this that might be fluffing the shirt out more than it naturally would.This is the exact same shirt (just different lighting) that I wore on my 20th birthday and look how differently it fits. If I were to buy this same shirt today, I would have gotten it at least a size or two smaller to fit my body shape now.


I am now at 134.8 lbs. This means two things:
1. I have officially reached my New Years Resolution 5 months early.
2. I am at the lowest weight I have been since I reached adult height and I am finally at a healthy BMI of 23.9.

A healthy BMI is between 18.5 and 14.9. When I first started this whole thing at 165, my BMI was 29.2, which is considered overweight. If I had managed to gain 5 more lbs before I decided to do something about my weight, I would have been considered obese. Another thing that stresses me out about even allowing myself to get up to 165 is that Lance now weighs 172 lbs, only 7 lbs higher than my starting weight and he is about a foot taller than me.

I know I've been resetting my goal weight time and time again. At the new Year, my goal was to be at 138 by December 31st. When I started losing weight, my goal was to get to 140 by the Float trip on June 28th, which I got to check off the list. Then my goal was to get down to 135 by Warped Tour (July 24th), which happened. My New Goal is to get down to 125 by the last day of Summer of September 22nd and then maybe 120 by the end of the year. I'll get back to you on that one once I reach 125 to see if i'm happy there.

Three months ago, On April 26th, I found a girl on tumblr that appeared to have my body shape posting her weight loss progress photos and she became my inspiration. When I found her, I had already dropped to about 155 which is where her first photo was taken and her after photo was taken at 126 lbs.


I still dream to be this thin, but now it doesn't seem so far away. at 155, I had already lost 10 lbs, but 30 more seemed like something that was next to impossible. Since then I have lost 20 more lbs and another 10 doesn't seem like such a difficult goal to reach. Sitting at 135 and seeing how my body looks, I don't quite believe that this is how my body will look at 125, but I'm still going to dream. I will be content when I look like this girl does in her after photos.

Lance and I finally got around to getting some progress photos. The photos I put together are from week 2 and week 16 (today) because our week one pictures are extremely awkward angles and not in the right poses.

Bee: From 165 to 134.8= 18.30% weight loss
Lance: From 210 to 172.0= 18.10% weight loss







With that note, I'm going to bid you all farewell and start working towards my 125 pound body.

No comments:

Post a Comment