Friday, January 4, 2013

10 Thing I Don't Understand

There are a lot of things I don't understand that people do. I'm going to make a list and see if any of you either have answers or it suddenly hits you and you think "I don't understand that either."

1. I don't understand why girls are always one their phone in the bathrooms. Before I worked at Accent, I saw this happen every once in awhile in public bathrooms. Ever since I started there, it's almost like a daily occurrence. Girls come into the bathroom with their phone up to their ear and right into the stall. I continue to hear them talk as they're peeing and it's just so incredibly awkward. Some of them are polite enough to ask them to hold a moment while they flush (I sure hope they mute them for that moment). I do not understand this. If you so desperately need to make a phone call, you could just as easily step outside and do so. This isn't middle school; you are allowed to have phones.

2. Why do girls feel the need to bring other girls into the bathroom with them? When it's a trip up to the city to go to the mall or something, I understand. It's a big place, everyone wants to stay together, everyone generally uses the restroom at the same time. In school, girls always went into the bathroom in hoards to do their make-up, talk, and whatever else giant groups of girls do in the school bathroom. Recently, I had a girlfriend of mine over. She was extremely drunk when she showed up, but she asked me to go to the bathroom with her. My response to her: "I thought only girls on TV did that." When she kept pushing me to go in there, I figured she had something to say about the guy she was on a sort-of-date with. Nope, she just dragged me in there and watch her pee while she talked about whats-his-face. It was extremely weird and just overall awkward.


3. Men don't have stalls for peeing. I'm sure it's just because I'm not a man that this seems like such a bizarre concept, but WHAT THE FUCK? I know men can just unzip the zipper and whip it out and pee. I understand that there are like...dividers, apparently. Still, there has to be that angle where you can see everything as you're walking by. I don't even like peeing in public if I can tell there is someone else in there. It makes me nervous. I just can't imagine not having a stall. It just mind fucks me.
4. Why are things that are so bad for you taste so good? This one i simply cannot explain. Everything that is bad for you tastes delicious and everything that is good for you tastes like the poop it grew in.

5. How did the Westboro Baptist Church get together? I think some crazy guy escaped from the insane asylum and broke all his friends out. Then, they began finding weak people that wanted to protest anything and everything just to piss most of society off. These people are fucking nutcases.
seriously, what the hell is wrong with these people?

6. Time. Time has always confused the heck out of me. As far as we know, time travel does not exist. Therefor, how on earth to we know time even exists. It's just a way of keeping track. I don't really know how to explain this one. It's an age old argument--at least with myself.

7. Promise Rings. To my understanding, a promise ring is a ring that you give to a girl to promise that you are going to spend the rest of your life with her, but it is not an engagement ring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is the case, the concept is extremely stupid. A promise ring is just an excuse girls give to have men spend even more money on them. If you promise to be with me the rest of your life, an engagement ring will work just fine.

8. Why does fashion even exist? I sort of understand looking nice. Sort of. I think I just go out of my way to do it because it's how I was raised. I was raised that you don't go out looking like a complete bum. Do we simply have fashion to we can distinguish who is better or has more money than someone else? Men sure as fuck don't care what brand your purse is. The generic ones look just the same minus a thing or two. So why bother with a $600 Coach purse? I just don't get it.

9. Decorative Pillows. You put decorative pillows on your bed, even though no one ever goes in your bedroom except you. Every night, you spend 5 minutes taking these off your bed and placing them in a nice stack. Every morning, you spend 10 minutes making your bed and putting them back on so they look just right. The same goes for those decorative pillows on your couch, except they are moved and need to be perfectly placed back on time and time again throughout the day. That is so much wasted time! Plus, decorative pillows are roughly $20 a piece. A PIECE, PEOPLE. You want 5 decorative pillows for your bed? Well you're going to have to spend $100 and almost two hours of your week putting them on your bed just to remove them when you go to lie down to sleep.

Pillows, moooove! Quit hogging the whole couch.

10. Why are women so obsessed with make-up? Don't get me wrong, I wear make-up, too. I wear it probably once a week unless I get in a kick where I want to wear it everyday. This can last a week or two, after that I'll be done wearing it for the next month. I also have maybe 7 items of make-up while most girls have at least 50+. I have never understood the girls that simply cannot walk out of the house unless they've put on a whole new face than the one that walked out of the shower 10 minutes ago. Also, the fact that this process takes a good hour to an hour and a half is mind boggling. Give me ten minutes tops and I'm ready to go. The only reason it would take me longer than that is because I can't seem to find my keys or my left shoe.

"We're not leaving until I look like this. So it could be a few hours...or days."



One thing a lot of people don't understand why others have tattoos, click here to hear my thoughts on the matter.

Oh, and I just wanted to share this.





No comments:

Post a Comment