Thursday, December 20, 2012

Family Photos.

I'm going to venture a bit into myself, again today. After this, I should be getting back on track. I'm going to show you a photo of the last time my family was all together and then show and tell where we are now.


Here is the full side of my mother's family four years ago. We all got together for Thanksgiving. This is the last time we were all together. We have all gone very different ways since then and ended up in different places. At this time, I would have never believed we would all be here in four years. We've also had a couple new additions to the family.


I'll start with me. I was 16 at the time, still living at my mom's house. Sixteen is a rough time for any girl. Naturally, I pretty well hated being around any of my family and I just didn't want to be there. Now, I only wish we could all be together again for one last huzz-ah! I know that my family is all kind of crazy around eachother, but I definitely think it'd be interesting.

Here's where I am now. 

This was my 20th birthday. I've got the same old friends and a great new boyfriend. Well, he's not really new, but he certainly wasn't around when I was 16. I'm living in an apartment with him and now I have to pay the bills and be responsible for myself. When I was 16, I don't think I believed this time would ever come. Now that I think about it, that snuck up on me pretty quickly. I have a really good time with life, though. I enjoy living every day wondering what is going to happen next. It's definitely an experience. I wouldn't trade anyone I have no for the world. They're all wonderful.


My Momma and Patrick and their +1


On September 14th, we received a new edition to the family. Little Miss Brylee Faye. When I was sixteen, I don't believe me or my mother thought that in just a few years I would have a little sister. It definitely came as a surprise, but I love that little booger. She's as sweet as can be and seems to have grown more every time I see her. Mom and Patrick live in Potosi now, so it's hard to keep tabs on them and see them often. I definitely love it every time I get to go see them though. Since I moved out on my own when I was 18, I've definitely grown a whole new appreciation for my mother. I realize in what ways I act like her and that I even look very similar to her (which I always denied before). She really is a terrific person and I love her so very much.


My Aunt added a +1 to the family as well. While she was living in Korea, she met a nice chinese fella that lived in Canada. They got married and she ended up pregnant. She is now a mother to a beautiful baby boy by the name of Liam. Four years ago, I believed my Aunt would never have children, simply that she would wander the Earth traveling and getting into all sorts of mischief. Now she's settled down in Canada living the adventure of parenthood.

My Uncle Carl (the redhead) and Grandma are now living in the city with my Aunt Karen.

My other Uncle, Jesse, is...with some girl, I think. I'm not sure. I make it a point to not speak to him.


In any case, my family has gone their separate ways. We're all doing our own thing living our own lives. I'm not sure how family always seem to make it together for the Holidays. It seems impossible when you've got so much going on in your own life. Then there's the issue of actually traveling, getting off work, and doing all sorts of planning. I will be attending my mother's for Christmas, but I'm not sure how much of the rest of my family will make it. I know in a few years, I won't be able to make it to see my mother for Christmas, either. I will be out of state. I will be just like the rest of my family, sadly unable to make it to Christmas dinner.

We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment