Friday, May 16, 2014

No Smoking

Within the last few months, many of my friends have moved to "vaping" instead of smoking. When they spoke about it, I swore up and down they had more will power than I did and there's no way that this "vaping" was really going to help.

A couple of weeks ago, Lance and I got back in touch with our summer friend, Noah and he gave us more information. Since I felt like Noah had always smoked more than I did, and he had pretty much completely quit, I decided it was worth a try to actually try this out.

Not even a week ago, I ordered and MVP and went to the local vapor store to get some juices.

It's been 48 hours since I received my MVP and I've only smoked three cigarettes.



Considering in a normal two day period, I would have already smoked about a pack and a half of cigarettes (30 cigarettes, total), I consider this a pretty big accomplishment. The best thing is that I haven't wanted to pull my hair whilst making this big life change (like I have previously with other attempts to quit smoking).

Now, don't get me wrong. This is no miracle device. The juice does still have nicotine in it. The game plan at this point is to slowly reduce nicotine levels until I can get down to 0 nicotine juices, then probably stop vaping at some point.

So, after four years, I'm finally taking the first real step to quitting smoking. I've already seen a dramatic improvement and I'm thrilled to start getting taste buds back and being able to smell again. Most of all, I'm excited not to smell like a walking ashtray.

So for all of those who pushed me to vaping instead of smoking (especially Lancelot), I want to thank you so much. I needed the push and I'm excited where this is leading me.



No comments:

Post a Comment