Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Just Because Everything is Changing Doesn't Mean It's Never Been This Way Before

Those of you who are friends with me on facebook know that on April 9th I dyed my hair black with full intention of keeping it black for a minimum of six weeks.

I didn't quite take into consideration at that time that Spring was right around the corner and things were about to change. Tomorrow will be three weeks into my six week challenge, and since I'm halfway through, I'm dying half of my hair (that's how it works right?).

You see, ever since I started dying my hair in high school, It's been all about doing it when times change. When things start to change a lot or get chaotic, girls have to change something and my something is my hair.

Spring is always a crazy time. Lance and I break free from our winter hold (which pretty much consists of us being hermits and people thinking that we might literally hibernate during this time since we have no contact with the outside world).
By the looks of how Spring is going thus far, I can tell the next few months of warm weather are going to be like no year before. Lance is yet again introducing me to more and more people he's known for years that I've somehow only met briefly in our nearly three years together. I've reconnected with an old friend that has had a tendency to disappear and reappear throughout the six years I've known him, yet always talk to me like it's only been a couple of days since we last spoke.






 Soon enough, Lance and I will be reuniting with a disc golf buddy from last year and will spend many of our days out at Engler trying to avoid throwing our discs into any kind of lake or hitting any children that might be at near a goal. 

This is finally my summer to be 21. There will be so much drunken adventures it's going to be pretty ridiculous. Thank God I finally got a camera last month to get all these pictures since my memory might slack on the job.

And on a darker note, The first death of a person I knew personally from high school happened just a few days ago. I've been given the funeral times, but I kind of think I'd rather just remember him how I do instead of seeing what used to be him.

None the less, Spring has Sprung and life is changing once again. So, my hair is changing and the adventures will keep happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment