Saturday, May 4, 2013

9 lbs Gone--Hopefully Never to Be Seen Again

When I woke up last Sunday morning, I was 2 lbs heavier (157) than the previous week (155) when we had taken photos. Before we got the pictures, I was concerned that I wasn't going to see much progress since I hadn't seen 155 pop back up on the scale since the previous week.

This week started...well, pretty rough. Lance and I had a terrible day at work on Monday and we came home to a note on our door from our landlord notifying us that we needed to call her ASAP. The night continued to get worse as we found out that our poor little Mr. Edgeworth had to be gone the next day and we came to the realization that we are, in fact, going to have to move into another apartment. With lack of money and lack of motivation to work, this is a difficult task. Luckily, Lance's mom was a total sweetheart and was able to take Mr. Edgeworth for a few nights. Needless to say, we didn't work out that day. We took Edgeworth straight to Lance's mom's and slept in the garage with him that night.



The following day was tough, especially on our bodies. Lance's mom and Jason took us out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (There are over 100 calories in just one Asian Zing boneless wing), because they are wonderful and knew how heartbroken and depressed we were over the whole situation. Lance and I did get to go on a nice walk/hike on a trail over by the Glass Factory for about an hour and a half to get our minds off things (and burn off at least a few of those calories). The day was just lovely, but we  were on a mission to find available apartments and figure out our budgeting plan for the next month or so.

An old friend of mine (who I work with now) contacted me a couple of days after we received the note from our landlord letting me know that she would be able to take in Mr. Edgeworth until we were able to get into a home where we are able to have him. Thank you so much to Angela, Jason, and Loxxy for saving our asses and taking care of our baby while we're not able to.

Work has been stressful (which will make you gain/keep you from losing weight), so I didn't have the heart to put into exercise. I shouldn't have, but I took this as a nice rest day (also, because my butt muscles were extremely sore from doing Core Synergistics the night before).

Today, I saw the wondrous number 152.6 pop up on the scale and it's been a few days since I've seen any number above 154.8 show up there. So guys...I have officially lost  9.4 lbs and I only have 12.6 lbs to go over the next two months. I am really stoked about this. At this point, I think I'm mostly just excited to reach the halfway point of 11 lbs lost leaving me at 151.2. That will be one exciting moment for me and you better bet your balls I'll be getting a picture of the scale at that point.

It's been a rough week as far as my and Lance's workout routine. We've eating some really terrible food and slacked on our workouts due to some serious stress. We may not see huge progress in this weeks photos, but I'm hoping the weight loss we're seeing on the scale will shine through. We're going to continue working hard and making little changes to live a healthier life style to get where we want to be.


On the upside, I did the full Cardio X video today with Lance and burned over 500 calories. This is the first time I've completed the video in full, so I'm pretty proud of myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment