Saturday, March 9, 2013

Somebody's Knocking on the Door. Somebody's Ringing the Bell.

Do me a favor; Open the Door.


JEHOVAH'S WITNESS! OH NO! DON'T LET 'EM IN!

For those of you who don't know the song reference, I'm disappointed in you.
Here it is, you need to listen.

Lance I intend of staying up pretty darn late tonight, so we stayed up until 7:30 this morning to ensure that we would actually get to sleep in today.

At 10:30 in the morning, I hear a knock on the door. 10:30! This means I have gotten an 3 and a half hours into sleep and I am basically dead to the world. Once I'm in a deep sleep, It's pretty stinkin' hard to wake me up, so the lady at the door could have knocked two or three times before I even realized what was going on.

So I freak out wondering who the fuck is knocking on my door while I'm trying to sleep and peek through the peep hole. It's some woman I have never seen in my life.She knocks not 1, not 2, but 4 times before I am able to get to the door and open it up.  My hair is an utter mess, I'm wearing pajamas and no bra as I open the door. The woman is just standing there with a big smile on her face with a little blonde child, maybe of the age of 5, standing next to her.

She asks me "Did I wake you?" Yes, you fucking woke me! It's Saturday! Everyone sleeps in on Saturday unless you have to be at work or you're a Jehovah's witness bugging the crap out of everyone that is just trying to live a peaceful life. All I could manage was to nod my head. She didn't even apologize, but at least spared me the "Do you have Jesus in your heart?" spiel and just handed me the flyer and told me to have a nice day. I couldn't get back to sleep for the next half hour.

The worst part about people who come door to door to preach to you about God or politics always bring a child with them so that you feel guilty for cussing them out or shoving their religion back down their throat where it belongs. The bitch today is lucky that I was too tired to even register what was really going on until it was over or I would have been a complete bitch to her.

Lance and I have been living in this apartment complex for 10 months now. Throughout those 10 months we have had at least 5 people come knocking at our door. I know at least 3 of them were Jehovah's witnesses, which scare the fuck out of me every damn time. Actually, every time they come I always look the the peep hole and tell Lance "There's a strange lady/man at our door." Another was a child that was inviting us to some church event, and the fifth was some bitch that wanted to talk to me about politics and who I should vote for. I'm positive that at least 3 of those 5 people have waken me from a deep sleep.

I swear to God I'm going to get a sign to put on my door that says "If you do not know the people living here, don't bother knocking."




No comments:

Post a Comment