Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Thoughts On Valentines Day

Tomorrow is that very special day that everyone loves to pieces or hates more than any other Holiday.
Personally, I'm with the group that believes it was a holiday created by the greeting card companies to make more money.

I'm not really big on V-Day. A lot of you are probably thinking, "That's because you probably never have a boyfriend on Valentines Day." You know what I have to say to you? You suck at guessing, because I have had a boyfriend every Valentines Day since I was 14 years old. I'm just not big on the holiday. 

Valentine Day is just an excuse for girls to be bitchy when their boyfriends don't get them 6 dozen bouquets of roses and $6,000 worth of jewelry. It's a time for men to go out on the town and find girls that are so depressed that their alone on Valentines Day that they'll sleep with anything male that moves. This is just pitiful to me.

Don't bother buying me a card or flowers on Valentines Day. Okay, well maybe I'm getting a little hateful here. I wouldn't be angry if my fella got me flowers or a card on Valentines Day, but I'd rather this happen:

Don't bother even mentioning it's Valentines Day. 

Instead, Do this:

Don't waste your money buying me a dozen roses on Valentines Day. They're going to die in less than a week with my ability to take care of plants. Instead, when we go out walking in the Spring or Summer time, pick some flowers off of a bush in someone's yard or something and tell me "You look very pretty today." 

Don't bother with the "I couldn't live without you" Valentines Day Card. I'd much rather you walk by the card section in the middle of June and think "I'm going to get a card for Bee, just because I'm thinking of her." Then, of course, get the card, and put some nice note in it like "I love that you make me food when I'm sick." Those are the kind of cards that I will put away and keep in my memory box. 

Don't bother with expensive jewelry. I'm probably going to lose it anyway. Instead, give me a butt load of quarters and take me to the quarter machines to let me get 25 cent and 50 cent rings and little toys of my own. These, I keep around in my purse. They would be a constant reminder of love.

So, there you go, folks.
Take it or Leave it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment