Monday, January 7, 2013

My Unfinished Story

This is something I wrote back in 2009. I considered adding more to it a few times, but I never seemed to have the motivation. If you, as my readers, will give me some sort of motivation. I will finish this, for you.

I truly believed my life was coming to an end. something was pulling me down under the waters. I had already tried to escape it, but all my strength was next to nothing when i attempted to fight the hold. I thought "Oh god, I'm drowing. I always said that I thought drowing was the worst way to go, and this is how i'm going to die." I shouted for help when my head broke surface, but it was obvious that no one would hear me. I was in the middle of the woods. No one could save me. I was left to die. As I let myself be pulled under, the silence became eerily comforting. I didn't know what was to come next, but I was suddenly less scared. Just as I opened my mouth to inhale my first dose of death underwater, my eyes shot open. 

I couldn't believe it. My mind was working on assesing what was really going on. Could it be true? I was really alive? I was still alive? It didn't seem possible. I kept repeating it to myself. "It was only a dream. It was only a dream. You are fine. You are alive. It was only a dream." My whispered words did not seem as comforting as they should have been. I decided to get up and walk outside. "The cool morning air of Fall should calm me down." When i walked outside, I finally understood that it was not just a dream and things were not going to be fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment