Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Favorite Disney Princess

My favorite Disney princess...isn't really a princess at all actually.
So, I suppose my favorite Disney female role is Megara from Hercules.




"Why?" you ask.
She is my favorite because she wasn't like the others.
Megara didn't have your typical Disney princess love story.

She didn't meet a man, fall madly in love with him, and do anything to get in his pants.
Well, she sort of did, but not in the typical way.
Megara had class and attitude.
She had been hurt before and she didn't want to fall head over heels for someone who might hurt her again. She denied her love for Hercules because she figured that was best for her.

She was the damsel in distress at some points and although the hero came to save her, she wanted to be independent. She wanted to save herself.

I love Megara. She's a real Disney role model.

Also, this song still gives me chills every time I listen to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment