Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Favorite Quotes

Here are some quotes that I've been gathering up for the last few years. These are quotes that really touched me personally or I felt pertained to how I viewed the world or the people around me. I just wanted to start off today by sharing a few.


Envy is ignorance, that imitation  is suicide." I read this quote in English class my junior year when we were studying Ralph Waldo Emerson. This one really stuck with me. It reminded me that there was no reason to try to be like anyone else, to even try would be destroying myself. This has been one of my favorite quotes for years. It was actually what I initially planned to get this as my chest tattoo. I later changed it because I was I was too afraid that it would be many words and would look goofy.

"I used to think the brain was the most wonderful organ in the my body. Then, I realized who was telling me this."-Emo Phillips

"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness, or have gone stark raving mad."-Norm Papernick

"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." -Joseph Baretti

"Charm is a way of getting the answer year without having asked any clear question."

"In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them."

"All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence of the appreciation of others"-Cyrol Connolly

"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones."-Francois de La Rochefocauld

"Confusion is always the most honest response."-Marty Indik

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing."- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Nothing of my is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I have ever known"-Chuck Palahniuk

"The more I study religions, the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."-Sir Richard Francis Burton



Also, here are some websites that I visit fairly frequently that I think you may enjoy as well.


Thought Catalog--some interesting things people have written
Gives Me Hope-everyday stories of things people see that give them hope
My Life is Average-most have heard of this one. Just average, hilarious, stories
Future Me-You can write a letter to your future self that e-mail it to the future







No comments:

Post a Comment