Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DAILY BLOGGING


 I spent a good hour scouring the internet looking for good ideas for things I could blog about. Here are some of the most interesting ones I found that I took a liking to and would really like to try. I'm going to work on blogging everyday for awhile. 

It's a nice way to get the cogs going and to just let my mind wander and do as it does. 

Anyway, here are the ideas I found. I'd definitely appreciate any comments suggesting which one(s) I should do first. With all these options, it's really hard to decide.


1.      My Children will do it differently.
2.      How Women Use Social Media
3.      What I Spend Money On
4.      Ten Guilty Pleasures
5.      My Day Job Versus My Passion
6.      When I Feel Frustrated
7.      Friends I Cant Wait to Meet
8.      You Are Here
9.      I Want to Brag A Minute
10.   Letting Go
11.   Things to Consider
12.   Letter to Older/younger Me
13.   My Positivity Notebook
14.   Ten Things you May not know about me
15.   The Famous IL trip
16.   You Learn something New Everyday
17.   A Rant about what annoys me (Only one thing, Bee )
18.   Lament how technology has messed with face-to-face relationships. Or take the opposite tack: How has technology deepened your friendships?
19.   What if…
20.   Terrible movie endings
21.   The point of view of my shoes/hair
22.   Describe a First/Last (five senses)
23.   Describe a significant place, allowing the details to reveal why the place matters. Describe it from a tree or rooftop or from a hawk’s point of view. Describe it from the height of a dog or a turtle.
24.   Write about your first name—why you were given it, what associations or stories are attached to it, what you think or know it means. Do the same for your last name. Given the chance, what name would you give yourself?
25.   Narrate a story about a person or a family member, a story that’s been passed down or ritualized; a story about yourself. Embellish, if so desired, or contrast the story with what you know to be the “true” account.
26.   Describe a routine or holiday ritual, using present tense verbs.
27.   Describe a routine or holiday ritual, using the 2nd person “you” For example, “You stand in the steaming kitchen with people you haven’t seen in almost a year. You wish your shirt didn’t have that tiny stain on the cuff. You wish your aunt’s laugh wasn’t quite so brittle. Feet stomp on the porch and you hurry to let your tall uncle in, forgetting to keep the dog from escaping outside…”
28.    Create a short story that is 26 sentences long, each sentence beginning with the next letter of the alphabet. (Add other, arbitrary conditions, if desired, such as one sentence should be one-word long; there should be one question mark, one quotation, etc.) Rigid rules often produce fascinating results—such as with well-written sonnets, which have 14 lines and tight rhyme schemes, each line governed by a specific number of syllables and alternating stressed and unstressed syllables.
29.   Create a still-life in the room that implies a dramatic moment (e.g. an overturned chair, several balled-up pieces of paper, an open map, a torn envelope, a set of keys, a silk scarf). Describe what happened either just before or just after that moment.
30.   Describe the room of one of the following: a high school student about to drop out; a cashier who has just won the lottery; a faded movie star who still thinks she's famous; a paranoid person, etc. Be as detailed as possible.
31.   The blurb of my life (like the back of a book)
32.   The Hardest Decision I Ever Had To Make
33.   The most beautiful smile I ever saw
34.   If I ever met ____________.
35.   Why I hate Women (that big-titted slutty ass bitch)
36.   The Friends my Mom swore were terrible influences

No comments:

Post a Comment