Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blogging About The Snow

I told those who keep track of these things through facebook (although it would be much easier if they just liked my What Goes Up page on facebook) that I would be blogging about the snow "tomorrow" on Christmas.

I, however, managed to wake up after all the snow had melted and didn't get any decent pictures. I figured I would just let the topic rest until another day. That very special day is...today!

As you read earlier, I am extremely against this hell-ish season they call Winter. However, I do quite love the snow. There's just something absolutely beautiful about it. That, and it sure puts a hell of a nice touch on everything that's just sitting around being dead.

Last night, Lance and I actually called out of work for the second half of the day because the snow was coming down strong and quick. In the news, they said one to two inches. By time I woke up this morning, it was a good seven or eight.

Anyway, last night Lance and I bundled up in all the clothes we could find and went on our walk. We figured if the roads were dangerous, our feet were still plenty safe. Our original intention was to go park and play in the snow, but we ended up at Save-a-Lot to get snacks. A good mile and a half, maybe two mile walk still. We kept looking at food, got extraordinarily distracted, and just ended up buying dinner and walking home instead. We had a great time walking in the snow and just talking about silly little things that don't come up as much as they used to. People talk a lot more when silence threatens to lurk around. At least in the car, the silence can be filled with music.

All in all, we had a really great time. We came home, stripped off all of our layers, at spam, and drank Mountain Dew. I'd say a pretty successful night. This is what Lance and I looked like once we got home. I had to run in the house to get the phone to take pictures, so the snow melted off me pretty quick.

Lance's beard turned white!



Since I did have to bail out on my bad friends due to the treacherous weather, we decided to meet up today and get some pictures in this winter wonderland.














No comments:

Post a Comment