Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Sunrise.

When reaching the age of 14 or 15, teenagers are supposed to stay up until 4 and 5 in the morning and not wake up until noon. That wasn't me. When I was 14 and 15, I was terrible at staying up all night. More often than not I was in bed by 11 or midnight and woke up by 6 or 7. During summer, I made a point often to set an alarm simply to wake up and watch the sunrise. There was something beautiful about it that I didn't feel like I could ever hold onto long enough.



When you get out of high school and start living in what adults always chose to call the real world, then you're supposed to start having the sort of sleep schedule I had when I was 14 and 15. You're supposed to be more wise and realize that life flies and you should try most to enjoy the little things.

I think what I enjoy more is the eerie way the moon lights up the back of the clouds, but leaves the front in darkness. That's what I was thinking about the last night him and I spent together. I find beauty, but not in the colorful things anymore.





p.s. Did you know there is a city in Florida called Sunrise?

No comments:

Post a Comment