Friday, April 11, 2014

Let's Talk Family

Today is Day 11 of my 30 Day Challenge.
Today's Topic: Let's Talk Family


I was really only raised by women, so I'm going to take the time today to talk about all the special ladies in my family. The first one I want to talk about it my grandma.
My Grandma is the one holding the smallest child in the front with the red hair. She's a little crazy, but she's definitely family. Despite that, she's been a fantastic supporter since I've gotten older. When I found out I was pregnant, she showed up at my door with baby blankets and a baby dresser. When I had gotten into some trouble, she came to talk to me to make sure everything was alright. She lives pretty far away now, but I still occasionally get to see her on holidays.

The second person I want to talk about today is my Momma. She had to raise me as a single mom since my Dad died when I was two, and I know it wasn't easy. She worked a lot and I had to stay with baby sitters, but it's because she had to work so much to get money for us to eat and live.
I wasn't always the greatest as a teenager and I know I had her worried how i was going to turn out as an adult, but I'm glad she's proud of where I am now. I've gotten a lot closer with my mom since I moved out of her house. She moved to Potosi, so unfortunately it's hard to get to see her much as well. I always enjoy my visits though. We have these wonderful talks now about things that we couldn't really have when I was younger. I miss her a lot and I'm sad I don't get to see her more. She did a really fantastic job as a mother though. Her reins weren't so loose that I ended up as like a heroine addict or something, but they weren't so tight that I couldn't figure out how to do things on my own. For being such a young parent, it seems like she pretty much had it down.

The third member of my family I want to talk about is my Aunt, Gina.
My Aunt was like a sister to me when we were growing up. She's seven years older than me and lived with my mom for a good part of my childhood. She used to baby sit me and we'd walk down the the local park or walk the railroad tracks. She was like my role model growing up. She always seemed so cool and smart. She had awesome friends and always held her shit together even when times got tough. She ended up going really far in life. She lived in Korea for a few years and ended up moving to Canada to settle down with her husband and her lovely baby boy.





I left the youngest for last. This is my adorable little sister, Brylee. I was always an only child, then when I was 19 years old, my mom called me down to the living room one day and told me to sit down and that she had some news for me. She told me she found out she was pregnant and I'm pretty sure I was in shock for awhile. She had this lovely little girl on September 14th, 2012, just a month before I turned 20 years old. It's weird to have a sister now. I mean, I spent almost 20 years of my life telling people I was an only child. It's strange that she won't grow up in the same household as me or honestly see me more than a few times a year. It's bizarre that by time she's in high school, I'll be in my mid 30's. She's one cute little bugger though and I'm excited to see her grow up.



The final person I want to talk about isn't quite family...yet. She is, however, my soon to be mother-in-law.


This woman as has been a complete saint since the day I met her. Lance and I had a very rocky beginning to our relationship, but as soon as Angela got to know me, she knew I made her son happy and treated me like I was part of the family. This woman is one of those people who just absolutely gives anything to everything she can to people and asks for nothing in return. She gives people rides when they need them, is there for them in times of need, and will always be there to talk to if there's trouble. When the holidays come around, she puts in the extra effort to find things that really suit you or she knows would interest you instead of just giving out gift cards to wal-mart. She always checks up on Lance and I and asks us to visit often. She does so much for everyone in her life and has not once asked for anything in return. This woman is fantastic and I can't wait to call her my mother-in-law.


Coming up tomorrow: Write about your last birthday.
If you're interested to see what questions the next 19 days hold, you can click here to see the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment