Monday, July 11, 2011

Children Get Older. I'm getting Older, too.

I've been camping for the past three days.

I like camping. It gives you a break from everyone and everything.There's no service and at night there's nothing but you and your thoughts. I would think this would be haunting, but it really wasn't.

I went with my my mom, her fiance, and her fiance's nieces. The nieces, I really love those two.

The littlest one is 9. She's a sweetheart. She had an attatchment to me and maybe that's why I had the same to her. She made me feel like a mom, though. I had to be the one to walk her to the bathrooms and she held onto me when it was too deep to swim. It's really hard having to let her go today knowing it could very well be another month or two before I get to see her again.

Anyway, I really got time to think: about the past, about Charles, about how I'm living, and about how I'm going to live.

I'm not really sure what I got from camping this weekend. Some time to myself, some time to think. I'm not really sure I've quite got any conclusions or maybe I just haven't let myself and think about what it all means. In any case, I'm back home and I need to get back into the swing of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment