Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bee--It's not me.

I have a bee tattoo on my right side on my lower back. My nickname has been Bee for the past 6 years, nearly and many of my friends have actually gone months without knowing my birth name. They actually thought Bee was my birthname. Anyway, since I have a bee tattoo, I googled "bee tattoo" to see what some other people had gotten and my mind got to wondering. I know exactly why I have mine, but why might others have it. Going to search, I typed in "bee tattoo meaning." Here's an excerpt of what I got.

It's no surprise that the bee has been held up as a symbol of social order, diligence and cleanliness. We've all seen how they work incessantly among the flowers, pollinating and gathering honey. For many, the bee became the symbol of good, and because of its untiring work, Christians adopted it as the symbol of Hope. In France, it was recognized as the regal symbol. Napoleon had golden bees sewn into his coronation robe, and it came to symbolize family and government


Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_bee_tattoo_symbolize#ixzz1QbUBwc2x

I think it's sort of odd that none of these characteristics apply to me. Social order is not really relevent to me in most cases. Diligent, not particularly. I have to really be into something to put my all into it and really work at it. Cleanliness...Well, anyone who saw my room when I lived with my mother would laugh at this one on the spot. Good...I'm sure many would disagree with you there. I've royally screwed up some things, but I suppose I do have a positive outlook about things. Does that count? Hope? I don't know, I'm not sure I should even adress this one since I'm not really into religion. Family--from previous blogs obviously that's a touchy subject. Government--it's corrupt. That's all I can say.



Maybe I was these things when I got the nickname, but being called Bee won't change and I'll never leave it behind.


On a side note--The weight I'm finally at right now, I haven't been since 5th grade. I was also 4 inches shorter then, so this is an accomplishment! :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'll always call you Bee. It's who you are to me. It's not going to change.

    ReplyDelete